Friday, September 26, 2014

Royal Beasts

Royal Beasts by Kendra Haste, Tower of London, London

Two of the “Royal Beasts” by Kendra Haste, 2011
Tower of London
London, September 2014

“The apparent ordinariness of wire and wire mesh belie their expressive qualities and provide ideal material for my sculptures. Drawing is integral to my work as an artist and is perfectly matched by the linear qualities of wire. No other material I have ever used has been able to suggest the sense of movement and life, of contour and volume, the contrasts of weight and lightness, of solidity and transparency - qualities that I find in my natural subjects. It is the perfect medium, inviting continuing exploration and challenge.” (Historic Royal Palaces Awards Sculpture Commission to Kendra Haste, ArtDaily)

1 comment:

tapirgal said...

This is spectacular. I like your cropping from the original.